About this Policy
This policy explains when and why we collect personal information about our clients, students and parents/guardians, how we use it and how we keep it secure and your rights in relation to it. We are committed to protecting your personal information and privacy.
We will always comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) when dealing with your personal data. Further details on the GDPR can be found at the website www.ico.gov.uk.
Who Are We?
We are Occasional Dance, offering various lessons/tuition in and around the local area to both children and adults. We can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
By contacting us, using our services or visiting our website you’re agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Everyone has rights with regards to the way in which their personal data is handled. During our activities, we will collect, store and process personal data about our clients, students, parents/guardians and teachers.
Your personal data, which may be held on paper or on a computer or other media, is subject to certain legal safeguards specified in the Data Protection Act and equivalent EU regulations.
This policy sets out the basis on which we will process any personal data we collect from you or that is provided to us by yourself or other sources.
How Do We Collect Personal Information?
We collect personal information about you when you enquire about our services/activities online, register as a student, phone us, email us or enquire about our services through social media.
What Information is being collected
We collect personal information when registering for classes or enquiring through the website.
For the Adult Client
Name, address, email address, phone number, emergency details, general health information.
For the parent/guardian
Name, address, email address, phone number, emergency details.
For the Student
Name, address, date of birth, school they attend, gender and medical conditions.
Students are sometimes entered for exams, competitions and agency work, extra personal information will be gathered for these such events gaining permission as and when these events arise.
Students aged 13 or older
GDPR requires they give consent for use of their personal information, there is a section on the consent form for this.
Optionally if 13 and older, with the parents/guardian’s consent students email address, and phone number to receive communication direct from us. For example, song lyrics, music, video of class/dance for practice.
How We Use Personal Information
We use the information you provide about yourself when enquiring or attending Occasional Dance classes;
- To provide information and communicate with you regards the services/classes offered by Occasional Dance, which may be of interest to you or answer your enquiry.
- Enable you or your child to attend classes.
- Inform you of any changes to classes.
- We use return email addresses to answer emails we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose than for class information.
- We are able to contact a parent/next of kin in an emergency.
- Process any requests to become a teacher at Occasional Dance.
Who will have access to your information;
- Only authorised members of Occasional Dance will have access to your information.
- All information is stored securely and will be kept indefinitely unless instructed otherwise.
- We may employ the services of a third party to help us in certain areas, such as website hosting, support and maintenance. However, at all times, we will control and be responsible for the use of your information
When someone visits www.occasionaldance.co.uk we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
Do We Provide Information to Other Parties?
- We will never sell your data to any third party nor will we share your details with other entities for marketing purposes.
- We never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online or at class signups in ways unrelated to the ones listed above.
- We will only share information with another organisation where it is necessary for a legitimate reason connected with the services we offer, or where it is required by law or regulation. Where we use third parties, we require them to adhere to appropriate controls to protect personal information.
- We may disclose your personal data when we believe this is required by law, to enforce or comply our terms and conditions or to protect the rights, property, safety of Occasional Dance, our customers or others.
All information is stored securely and will be kept for a period of 10 years after your last class.
To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Please help to keep you and your child’s records up to date by informing us of any change of circumstances by emailing email@example.com
Media Use Consent
Occasional Dance will from time to time record and photograph classes and students.
These recordings and photographs may be used on the company website and/or social media accounts and where applicable for talent agency applications. If you wish for you or your child not be included in any media use, please raise this with Occasional Dance and we may be able to limit media usage.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you, to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected and also request data to be erased.
Until unsubscribe link buttons are added to the website please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you no longer wish to receive information from us.
If you wish to apply to work at Occasional Dance via email, social media, in person, or Occasional Dance website, we will collect details such as your name, contact details, address, whether you are a car owner, date of birth, nationality, and details training qualifications, information contained in your CV for recruitment purposes.
If you provide details of a reference, it is your responsibility to make sure that the person is aware that you have forwarded his/her details for these purposes.
We will also collect details of any relevant criminal convictions and will need to see a copy of your DBS certificate and Chaperone License (if you have) before offering you a position. We will only retain your DBS certificate reference number and date of issue.
How To Contact Us
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please contact us at email@example.com